Welcome to the Music page!
At Longcause Community Special School the aims of music education are to:
- enable each child to grow musically at his/her own level and pace;
- foster musical responsiveness;
- support children's instinctive drive for sensory experience;
- give pupils a means of both verbal and non-verbal experience;
- develop instrumental and vocal skills;
- develop aural imagery;
- develop capacity to express ideas, thoughts and feelings through music;
- develop awareness and understanding of musical traditions, styles and cultures from other times and places;
- foster enjoyment of all aspects of music.
At Longcause we have been working on developing the interactions of some of the younger most complex pupils; by using specialist equipment through singing, signing, playing drums and intensive interaction. We have also invited parents to come in and join in with musical play.
Here are some photos of what we have been doing.....